Saturday, March 7, 2009

triangles in squares

During a trip to New York, I bought a couple of fat quarter packs and half yards from Purl Soho that I planned to use for quilts for three little kids - a sister and brother, and their cousin.

 

Since I'm still new to quilting I wanted to stick to basics and did a little searching for some simple designs.  For the brother - the youngest of the three - I wanted a block that would work well with small prints and could be designed more for a little boy than a baby since he's now a toddler. 


Triangles didn't scare me, probably because I had no idea what the challenge could be, but I also found this very easy to construct. Plus after making a full size quilt, this little quilt was a snap to put together! I like how the colors paired together and the brown and white have a nice contrast. On the backing I tried asymmetrical piecing with scraps and extra blocks from the front. I hope this is something he can grow into but in the meantime it's a good size for snuggling.


Finished size: 40"x40"

No comments: