Thursday, May 16, 2013

ready for the weekend

How is May halfway over already? Seriously, where did the month go?

I have some finished projects to post and have been enjoying time outside the last couple weekends rather than being inside behind my machine, but this weekend I need to get back to business. I have so many projects piling up again and my sewing table is a mess from it all!

On my to-do list are a good mix of projects which could easily take over my weekend.

1. Make the May block for my quilting bee group
2. Write my tutorial for my month as "Queen Bee" (June)
3. Finish the Farmers Market bag for my mom (opps belated Mother's Day gift!)
4. Finish the baby brag books for our moms (also belated Mother's Day gifts)
5. Make some Pretty Blouses with a silky brown and white dot fabric and an off-white lace I've been holding on to
6. And possibly a Ruffle Top with the white crepe I have too

I'm still determined to work on skirts with a damask jacquard and a royal blue shantung silk from my stash so I have some more bottom peices.  And I also have a pink chiffon print that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I'd like to make a simple top with it, but I can't find a pattern I like for it. Maybe another skirt? I need to pick up some linning for it.

I just got over a cold this week so I should get some rest this weekend, but I'm also eager to stay up late and sew!  It would just be really, really nice to get these piles cleaned up and have some new peices for summer.

No comments: