Wednesday, June 10, 2009

pink waves

Finally, I made a quilt for the oldest of the three - the sister, who is almost four.



Now this little girl loves pink and all things extra girly, so I wanted to go with that but make it a "big girl" quilt and something with a little more style. I love the combination of these Amy Butler prints from her Midwest Modern line with the light pink polka dot and darker solid pink.


I wanted to try my hand at circles, but I'm not quite confident enough in my ability to jump in to that, so I grabbed the pattern for the "Snake Charmer" quilt from Denyse Schmidt's book and modified it for only one wave across the quilt top.  I used a solid piece for the backing and echo quilted a wave pattern from top to bottom.  I used the light pink polka dot for the binding.



A prefect combination of "girly" and modern.


No comments: